I’m not the most financial savvy on the block. I like simplified lists of items that I have to do in order to complete something. So I figured there are others who are the same. Investing effectively can be the difference between being the 85 year old Wal-Mart greeter and being on the beaches in Italy ignoring your grand kids phone calls. : )
In doing some research I noticed that people, who are making all of this money are not Warren Buffets, or uber smart people . They just read, comprehend and apply. So I started doing the same thing. My initial investment was 400 dollars in pharmaceutical companies, as of now I have $3,456, that was a month ago.
We can invest too, in my family I’m the investor and he is the spender lol. We do not have to leave it to the men in our life to make the money or make smart financial decisions.
THE 10 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Buying stocks is buying into that company, it’s important to buy into one that is already making a profit, or projected to make one.
- Investing in publicly traded stocks, such as Johnson & Johnson, Google and McDonald’s is a great way to raise wealth.
- A stock price is the stock quote. This is what you will pay per share. If IBM has a $4.00 stock price and you have a $ 100 budget you can buy 25 shares. You now have 25 shares of IBM
- $4 (share price) divided by $100 = 25 shares
- If IBM stock price increases to $12.00 dollars a Your 25 shares have now grown to $300 dollars. Congrats you just made $200 dollars profit. $12 (share price) x 25 shares = $300 dollars
- Penny stocks are a great way to put your toe in the investment pool. A penny stock is a stock that is priced under $ 5 dollars.
- For example, I brought a 300 shares at $.16 cents which came to $48 dollars. If the stock price reaches $35 dollars, I have now made $10,500 dollars. If the stock doesn’t do well, I will at the very most only wasted $48 dollars.
- Bitcoin although not a publicly traded stock (meaning not sold on NYSE or NASDAQ) can be purchased and researched on Coinbase, Gemini, and Bittrex,
- Be sure to consider, economic climate, recent profits, and customer base in picking a stock to buy.
- You can research a other traditional stocks, in one of these online platforms, Bloomberg, Yahoo Finance and NASDAQ .
- Once you are ready to buy stock, you can open an account with Etrade , Fidelity and Ally . Buyer beware any time that you buy a stock, in any of these platforms, a service charge will be attached. (For example, fidelity charges 4.95 a transaction.
- If you purchase a stock, and then decide you no longer want it, you can sell the stock. However, the money returned will be what the stock is worth at the time of Sell not at the price that you purchased it. -I personally set price alerts, for price drops and increases. Text messaging in my opinion works best.
- Be informed, and make smart decisions based on your own financial background. There is no crystal ball. Word to the wise, you should only invest what you are willingly to lose.
This is a broad overview of what I think beginners need to know. There are several avenues to take to become smart in investing and see a return on your investment. I will be writing more blogs on investing, covering Bitcoin, traditional stocks, compound interest, and buying strategies, and how to research profitable stocks.
If any of these interest you or other topics that are related comment below and I will be sure to include it in my next investment blog.
P. S. Medical Marijuana Inc (MNJA) is priced at $.11 cents as of 23 January 2018.